These sessions will be converted to on demand soon!
This series is designed for the experienced coder to take a look at difficult diagnosis coding conundrums from each chapter of ICD-10-CM. Often, coders get bogged down with the day-to-day workload and don’t have opportunity to study more complex scenarios. This series will walk through guidelines, instructions and case studies for those complex concerns often placed on the desk of the more seasoned coder.
Agenda/Timeline – Per Session
Guidelines, Anatomy and Pathophysiology – 30 minutes
- ICD-10-CM General and Chapter-Specific Guidelines
- Pertinent Anatomy and Pathophysiology
- Common Comorbidities
- Risk-Adjustment, Performance Measure, UDS Reporting
Tabular List Instructions and Guidance – 30 minutes
- Code, Subcategory, Category, Block, and Chapter Instructions
- Application of Includes Notes, Excludes Notes, Use Additional Code Notes
Scenario Application – 30 minutes
- Coding Exercises Covering Difficult Reporting Topics
- When and How to Query Clinicians
- Additional Considerations – How Does Coding Impact Other Measures
Properly value guidance found in guidelines and instructional notes.
Understand coding nuances for complex coding scenarios.
Demonstrate proficiency in code assignment for primary conditions as well as underlying conditions that affect care.
Assess the impact of proper coding on various quality programs through data analysis and measure investigation.